5 Ways to Ensure your Business is Adaptable
Holmes Noble are delighted to share our latest research paper, “ESG in the Boardroom – The CEO View”. This serves as a study of ESG and its impact on the CEO and Board. With many companies grappling with this very subject right now whether that be direct sustainability activities or activities throughout the broader supply chain and how you interact across society, we hope this paper provides you with some insights and answers.
ESG is today becoming an increasingly important topic for many boards across the UK and has not been far from the lips of many conversations we are having with senior leaders across all industries. But what does it mean for executives, and how are they striking the right balance between many competing factors?
Holmes Noble conducted interviews with CEOs and executives from businesses across multiple sectors ranging from large multinationals to SMEs to gain insight into the developing role that ESG is playing on the strategy, direction, and operation of the Board. This study serves to highlight the key findings of this research, and to deliver Holmes Noble’s views on the matter.
The key findings were as follows:
- ESG is seen as an opportunity for those who engage with it and make it core to strategy.
- Demands for ESG are being driven from all directions: investors, customers, and employees.
- The CEO has a key role to play in setting the tone, but it needs to be principles-driven.
- Few companies are yet to achieve success, the majority are at the beginning of their journey.
- There is an ESG evolution occurring in business and in the Boardroom.
- Social Value will increasingly become the next big focus, “S will be the next E”.
We look forward to continuing to discuss this topic with our customers and network over the coming months. Should you wish to learn more about our findings please do get in touch.